Children are at the heart of our mission
The Catholic Youth Organization (C.Y.O.) is a non profit agency who has been making a difference in the lives of children and youth in the Diocese of Hamilton for over 60 years. Our commitment to the formation of confident and productive children is evident through the many programs and services we offer. We have a strong tradition of reaching out to those less fortunate and creating equal opportunities for all children to live. work and play together. Our mission involves breaking down barriers whether they are physical, behavioural, or even financial, and offering children with a sense of hope, success and an opportunity to grow in faith.
Rooted in Catholic values and participating in the mission of the Church, the Catholic Youth Organization (C.Y.O.) serves children, teens and families through these programs and services:
- Provides training, resources and consultation to parish communities to assist in the development of Youth Ministry initiatives.
- Provides specific programs to children, teens and families in Youth Ministry,camping and athletics
- Provides Christian Leadership development programs for teens; and creates opportunities for teens to share these skills.
- Ensures that marginalized children, teens and families have access to all C.Y.O. programs and services.
Through our programs and services, the Catholic Youth Organization will help to develop a Catholic Community in which children and teens are recognized as being an integral part of the Church of today; and as such, are invited to contribute to the growth of our faith community.
In fulfilling our mission and in pursuit of our vision, we stress these Gospel values.
- The dignity of each person.
- The gifts of young people.
- The call to justice and discipleship.
- The wisdom of shared leadership.
Borrowed from the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM)