LEADERSHIP CAMP @ CAMP BREBEUF
FOR GRADE 7 & 8 STUDENTS
AUGUGST 27 – SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
WELCOME TO L.C.A.P.:
LEADERS IN THE CRUSADER ATHLETIC PROGRAM
REGISTRATION FORM 2017:Click Here
Brochure: CLICK HERE
L.C.A.P – Leaders in the Crusader Athletics Program
The Catholic Youth Organization (C.Y.O.) has been running a youth leadership development program since 1980. This camp is a summer camp program that runs the last week of August at Camp Brébeuf.
Leaders in Crusader Athletics Program (L.C.A.P.), is designed to give students the opportunity to become leaders in the C.Y.O. Crusader Athletics Program and in their community. The C.Y.O. Crusader Athletics Program is our community wide, after school athletic program that serves over 25,000 boys and girls, ages 6 to 13 years who participate in Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Cross-country and Track & field sporting events.
L.C.A.P. - What participants learn
L.C.A.P. is limited to 60-80 teens each year. The participants are recommended by their school teachers to be considered for the program. Selected individuals are given the opportunity to attend a six-day camping experience held at Camp Brébeuf the C.Y.O.’s residential and outdoor education facility located in Rockwood, Ontario. L.C.A.P. participants are trained in the rules and regulations of Basketball, Flag Football and Volleyball through a unique combination of:
- Special ‘Guest’ lectures and hands-on coaching and referreeing clinics,
- Team building activities, including high/low ropes course challenges and a 40 foot double sided climbing wall,
- Group studies and discussions with community leaders as well as Halton/Hamilton & Peel Police officers,
- And daily reflections on social justice issues.The goal of our Leadership Development Program is to help our young people rise above the challenges they will be presented with and prepare them for the physical and mental challenges of becoming a young leader in our community.
The Goal of L.C.A.P. - Developing leadership skills:
- Developing significant leadership skills in teenagers,
- Cultivating a sense of belonging in the Christian community by focusing on the importance of service to the community and others,
- Building and maintaining a positive self-image and developing a network of community leaders for the C.Y.O. Crusader Athletic Program,
- Creating C.Y.O. officials that will guide and mentor our young athletes as they emphasize participation, skill develop and above all fair play.
Want More information?
For more information or to register for the program, please contact:
Carla Underhill, Program Director
Phone: 905 528-0011, ext 3604